Awning Windows, Urban Windows & Doors, Sudbury, Ontario
Awning Windows Description
Urban provides awning windows are typically wider, shorter and operate using a cranking system and handle. Awning windows open out from the bottom. This sash out at the bottom open and close provides superior ventilation while keeping rain water away. Awning windows also close against their frames with rubber seals and a multipoint locking system ensuring that they remain air tight.
Awning Windows Components
All awning windows include the following components:
- Awning Hardware: Standard with all our awning windows is Truth's Heavy Scissor action hardware for a smooth operation both opening and closing.
- Fold Down Hardware: Fold- down handle – tucks out of the way, giving you maximum space on the inside.
- Sash Keeper: Made of durable metal and warranted for life the keeper works with the locking mechanism to pull the sash into the frame forming an airtight seal
- Multipoint Locking System: Multipoint locking systems are easy to operate, add security and help to ensure an airtight seal.
- Push Down Screen: Push down screen keeps bugs and debris outside while the design makes for easy removal and cleaning.
- AdvanceEdge Spacer: The AdvanceEdge Spacer technology is made of the world’s finest 100% polymer foam, non-metal technology. The foam matrix is breathable and works fast to absorb moisture and condensation. AdvanceEdge Spacers outperformed competitors spacers during the highest standard of durability tests “lasting a simulated 90 years!”
- Triple Weather Seals: Santoprene bulbs in combination with high fin pile weatherseals virtually eliminate air filtration.
Awning Window Construction
All awning windows provided by Urban Windows are precision mitered and fusion welded. Both the frame and sash are welded simultaneously using the latest Fusion Technology - which heats the vinyl and then under pressure fits the vinyl members together forming a super strong weld.
Standard Window Colours
Solar Bond™ paints are weather and fade-resistant and come with a 15-year warranty. 8 standard colours or an endless number of custom colours are available. Standard Colours: White, Cream, High-Gloss Brown, Commercial Brown, Hickory, Sandstone, Sable and Grey.
Awning Window Ratings
Air = A3
Water = B7
Wind = C5
These and other fine window and door products are available for purchase and installation at Urban Windows and Doors located at 1955 Lasalle Blvd. Sudbury, Ontario. Urban Windows & Doors services all of Greater Sudbury, including Valley-East, Chelmsford, Lively, as well as Espanola, Elliot Lake, Manitoulin Island, Sturgeon Falls and Noelville.