Bay Windows, Urban Windows & Doors, Sudbury, Ontario
Bay Windows Description
Urban provides Bay Windows typically consist of a large window between two double hung or casement windows joined together to form one large viewing area. These are a decorative type of window that projects outward from the wall. It’s common to see a bay window with a padded seating area underneath the windows to provide a comfortable place to enjoy views, otherwise known as a sit-down bay.
Bay Windows Components
All Bay windows include the following components:
- Couplers: Armor offers a variety of different couplers for varying the angle and the interior projection so you can choose from a number of different interior sizes.
- Exterior Brickmolds: Choose from a wide range of exterior brickmolds from regular, siding, and plank to suit your specific application. All Armor Brickmoulds can be used with any all window types.
- Factory Finished On The Inside: We factory finish the inside of all our Bays and Bows to cover the gaps in the corners for a completely finished interior look.
- Insulated Head And Seat: Choose from over 5 different wood types for any Bay or Bow you order. We then add a 1.1/2" Poly Styrene Insulation on the head and seat for a better R-value than just wood.
- Interior Wood: Choose from over 5 different wood types for any Bay or Bow you order - Plywood, Oak, Birch, Mahogany and White Aborite.
- AdvanceEdge Spacer: The AdvanceEdge Spacer technology is made of the world’s finest 100% polymer foam, non-metal technology. The foam matrix is breathable and works fast to absorb moisture and condensation. AdvanceEdge Spacers outperformed competitors spacers during the highest standard of durability tests “lasting a simulated 90 years!”
Bay Window Construction
All Bay windows provided by Urban Windows are precision mitered and fusion welded. Both the frame and sash are welded simultaneously using the latest Fusion Technology - which heats the vinyl and then under pressure fits the vinyl members together forming a super strong weld.
Standard Window Colours
Solar Bond™ paints are weather and fade-resistant and come with a 15-year warranty. 8 standard colours or an endless number of custom colours are available. Standard Colours: White, Cream, High-Gloss Brown, Commercial Brown, Hickory, Sandstone, Sable and Grey.
Bay Window Ratings
Air = FX
Water = B7
Wind = C5
These and other fine window and door products are available for purchase and installation at Urban Windows and Doors located at 1955 Lasalle Blvd. Sudbury, Ontario. Urban Windows & Doors services all of Greater Sudbury, including Valley-East, Chelmsford, Lively, as well as Espanola, Elliot Lake, Manitoulin Island, Sturgeon Falls and Noelville.